Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain may have to add another award to his case of trophies, in this case “Most Weird Yankee”. In a press conference today, Joba denied that his ankle injury was life threatening or career ending, which conflicted reports straight from his boss, Brian Cashman. Joba also found nothing off withing jumping on a trampoline with his son, although Joba had surgery last year and is way over the 200 pound mark.
Joba doesn’t even attempt to be smooth when speaking to reporters: he just says whatever is on his mind. The problem is that he hasn’t earned that right as an athlete in New York. With the media looking like it has egg on its face by reporting the story “wrong” (at least Cashman is sticking to the original story), Joba’s days in pinstripes are numbered.
- Johnny Damon saves Mother’s Day
- Kevin Youkilis a Yankee: NY Media and Fans Forgive Youkilis
- Joba Rules- Yankees win 8th in a row
- Phil Hughes Joins 2010 Yankees Starting Rotation
- A-Rod hip injury: cyst Cody Ransom new 3B?
- 2011 Cashman Reveals Jorge Posada DH, Joba Chamberlain Bullpen
- Joba Chamberlain: Hero or Villain?
- Red Sox Sweep Yankees Part II
- Edwar Ramirez and Kei Igawa together again
- Mariners salvage last game of Yankees series
- Joba Sucks: What’s Wrong With Joba Chamberlain?
- Ten More 2012 Yankees Spring Training Observations
- Rangers beat Joba; Yankees rally falls short
- Joba Chamberlain Blows It; Yankees Angels Threaten Fighting
- Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera Stay With Yanks
- Mark Teixeira Gossip and Rumors
- MEDIA kills Joba Chamberlain for arrest comments
- Brian Cashman Calls Joe Torre’s Book Garbage
- YES Network on Joba Chamberlain
- Brian Cashman Interview: No More Joba Rules