Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley MGM Grand, Las Vegas - I knew I should have put money down on Manny winning the decision after 12 rounds. DailySkew boxing correspondent CCB3 picked Manny in 11 by KO, but I picked Manny winning the decision. I actually was on BoDog but my wife didn’t give me the blessing to bet our hard earned money on the fight. It’s okay, because I also was going to also parlay that there would be no knockdowns. Besides, with Manny being the odds on favorite, the only money was guessing the round and choosing the how many knockdowns.
WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 39KOs) won an easy twelve round unanimous decision over former three division champion and future Hall of Famer Shane Mosley (46-7-1, 39KOs). Mosley once again just kinda stood there. I think he wanted to show everyone that he could go the distance with the best boxer in the world, and Pac Man was happy to oblige.
Seriously, there was no bad blood between the two boxers, and I honestly believe Pac Man did not want to cripple or embarrass Sugar Shane, so he got the early knockdown and won on points.
Most of the rounds were a “game of human chess”. Shane was defending and Manny would not work his combos or do his fast flurries. Pacquiao pretty much won the fight in the third round when he knocked down Mosley with a hard left hand.
In the eight round there was a push by Mosley that sent Pacquiao down and referee Kenny Bayless ruled it as a freaking knockdown. I wonder how many gamblers lost money on that horrible call?
Anyway, very boring fight. One of Manny’s worst fights from the entertainment standpoint, but he did what he had to do to win. He was very confident that he could have KO’d Shane at any time if he really wanted to, but decided to go the distance. Manny once again showed that he is the best but Mosley is too old and non-aggressive. Shane should have retired three boxing matches ago. No matter what both boxers say, I will always know in my heart that Manny took it easy on Shane, probably out of respect, sympathy, or mutual agreement.
Anyway, glad I was…uhm..at a friend’s house last night watching it for free instead of paying $60 or for MGM tickets in Vegas for this fight.
- Pacquiao vs Bradley Scorecard Injustice
- Pacquiao vs Marquez III: Was it Really a Controversial Decision?
- Manny Pac Man Pacquiao destroys Ricky Hitman Hatton
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey Sucked
- Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield I,II, Wladimir Klitschko vs Samuel Peter I,II
- My Boxing Matches Reviews
- Manny Pacquiao vs Oscar de la Hoya
- Mayweather vs De La Hoya Sucked
- Foreman vs Holyfield, Fast Eddie vs Wladimir Klitschko
- Manny Pacquiao – Pinoy Icon
- Manny Ramirez Auctions Grill on ebay
- Ozzie Guillen Attacks White Sox GM Over Son’s Draft Pick Number
- First Time Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Experience
- Dennis Eckersley vs Manny Ramirez
- RAW Report: Return of Shane McMahon
- Jose Canseco Didn’t Pay His Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nevada
- Manny Ramirez signs with Dodgers $45 million
- Roger Clemens affair with Paulette Dean Daly