Cliff Lee brought Perfect Game stuff to Yankee Stadium in Game 3. Andy Pettitte brought fantastic stuff to Yankee Stadium. Petttitte, who hadn’t pitched in a while, gave up a 2-run HR to Josh Hamilton in the 1st. It was a devastating HR. But then Andy settled down and did his traditional clutch 2-runs in 7 innings, that I actually jokingly predicted. It’s rare that Andy brings no-hit stuff to the mound, and that’s what he needed. Cliff Lee finished the most boring 8 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, and 13 strikeouts you can imagine.
Some angry Yankees fans- who saw Cliff Lee throw green balls of Kryptonite- are blaming Cliff Lee’s cap and the fact that Joe Girardi did not bring in Mariano Rivera in the 9th to preserve the 2-0 lead. That’s a stretch. Boone Logan and Dave Robertson didn’t get the job done, and the game got out of hand. The cap scandal is a distraction created by Michael Kay.
I guess it would have been a morale “victory” to lose 2-0, so Andy’s fans could save face, but the official score was 7-0.
Oh, and John Sterling- would you please stop saying Cliff Lee isn’t Sandy Koufax and he’s just human? Until the Yankees beat him in the post-season…he is invincible until proven otherwise.
- Sergio Mitre almost PERFECT as Yanks beat ChiSox
- 2009 World Series Game 1: Cliff Lee Outpitches CC Sabathia
- Yankees Beat Angels Opening Day; Ring Ceremony; Godzilla Returns
- Michael Kay: Illegal Cap Makes Cliff Lee a Cheater
- Angels beat Yankees ALCS Game 3 Extra innings
- Andy Pettitte Beats Twins, Mariano Rivera Gets 2 Saves in One Day
- White Sox 14 Yankees 4
- Game 34: Joba blows it
- Jonathan Papelbon wants to close All-Star game instead of Mariano Rivera
- Game 35: Cliff Lee Outduels Wang
- Yankee Stadium: The End
- Derek Jeter’s HR, Mariano Rivera Saves Game vs Twins
- Pettitte beats Cliff Lee
- Yankees Opening Day Ruined by Veras and Marte
- Andy Pettitte beats A’s; Giambi returns
- 2002 Anaheim Angels vs 2002 New York Yankees DMB REPLAY
- A.J. Burnett vs Cliff Lee: The Myth of Auto Loss and Auto Win
- The Yanks Don’t Need Cliff Lee
- Dustin Moseley Padres: His Yankees Career is Over
- CC Sabathia outduels Dice-K, Yankees Magic Number is 1