There will be a Game 6. CC Sabathia bounced back on his normal days rest (instead of 10) and went 6 innings, 2 runs, 7K, 0 walks, and surrendered 11 hits. CC got out of jams and worked hard, so he couldn’t go 7. Kerry Wood did, however, and threw 2 shutout innings. Mariano Rivera finished the Rangers off in the 9th, with the final score 7-2.
Yes, the Rangers threatened and had chances to rally but for all intents and purposes the game was over when the Yanks went ahead 3-0 in the 2nd and 5-0 in the 3rd.
CC was strong out of the gate and the hitters were clutch. They hit 3 homeruns- back to back HRs by Nick Swisher and Robinson Cano, plus Curtis Granderson. Granderson was once again great today. Even A-Rod got into the act today.
The Yankees woke up and were ready to play. They looked confident and truly practiced “win one game at a time”. There truly wasn’t any doubt that CC Sabathia would not win today. Texas almost seemed content to take at least 1 out of 2 at home, and may be using Cliff Lee as a Game 7 crutch.
They may be surprised.
- Yankees Bats Crush Orioles; Cano 2010 MVP?
- Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano Destroy Orioles
- A-Rod Grand Slam, Pettitte HOF Performance; Yankees Win Indians Series
- Mark Teixeira Clutch HR, AJ Burnett’s Pitching Beat Indians
- Robinson Cano Grand Slam, Swisher HR, Hughes Scalps Indians
- 2012 Yankees Collapse: Yankees Mutants Attack Cano, Girardi, Granderson, CC, A-Rod
- How Will the 2012 Yankees Fare in the Playoffs?
- 2012 Yankees Choke in the Playoffs: Sucking from 2010 to 2012
- CC Sabathia Flirts with No-Hitter, Yanks Kills Rays 10-0
- CC Sabathia Destroys Rangers in Rain Shortened Game
- Snapshot Joe Week 3 2011 Yankees Report Card
- Andy Pettitte is back
- Javier Vazquez Sucks; Curtis Granderson DL?
- Angry CC Sabathia Goes 8 Innings; Randy Winn HR Sinks Orioles
- Best Yankees hitters (April)
- Tigers Verlander Destroys Yanks CC Sabathia
- Josh Beckett Goes Insane- Plunks Yanks; Phil Hughes Beats Red Sox
- Snaphot Joe: 2011 Yankees- Phil Hughes Done, Ivan Nova Sucks
- Nick Johnson Back With Yankees?
- Yankees Beat Angels Opening Day; Ring Ceremony; Godzilla Returns