That headline pretty much sums it up for Game of the Yankees-Tigers doubleheader. Javier Vazquez (1-4, 8.10ERA) pitched well in a makeup afternoon game in an empty stadium in Detroit (no pressure), as the Tigers beat the New York Yankees 2-0. Javy went 7 innings, 7K, 2 walks, and 5 hits. He and Tigers pitcher Rick Porcello had a 0-0 pitcher’s duel going for 6 innings before Javy got tired. Quick game, nothing happened, so no picture for this post…
Austin Jackson and Johnny Damon got hits. Jose Valverde got another save. A lot of talking heads were criticizing the way he celebrates on the mound. Some of these critics are okay with Joba Chamberlain doing it, but not Valverde. Seems like a double standard to me…Others are not okay with anyone celebrating…I wonder where they were when Dennis Eckersley used to do it.
YANKEES INJURIES: Alfedo Aceves has a bulging disc in his back. He is on the DL. This is major news since he was really the only good arm in the bullpen after Mariano Rivera this year so far. The Yankees called up Ivan Nova, who could be a darkhorse if given a chance.
- JOBA RULES; Yanks take 3 out of 4 from Indians
- Game 129: Carl Pavano wins! Yankees win series!
- Goose Gossage Hall of Fame
- Game 63: Yankees Abreu and Giambi beat Royals…again
- Javier Vazquez Flirts w/ No-Hitter; Cano Kills Blue Jays
- Phil Hughes Unstoppable, as Yanks Tame Tigers 8-0
- Joba strikes back, beats Rays
- Joba gave up a HR
- Joba Sucks: What’s Wrong With Joba Chamberlain?
- Johnny Damon Gets Revenge on Yanks, as Tigers Win 5-4
- Game 34: Joba blows it
- Hideki Matsui and Jorge Posada’s back to back HR
- Joba Chamberlain: Hero or Villain?
- Joba Rules- Yankees win 8th in a row
- Joba sucks again
- Damian’s 2007 Daily Skew Hall of Fame Ballot
- Kim Jones Talks About Yankees Trades on WFAN
- Javier Vazquez Loses Again
- Game 102: Joba shutouts Beckett 1-0
- Diamond Mind Baseball: 2008 Yankees April