And in the end, the Oakland A’s Dallas Braden did achieve something of great magnitude, made headlines without A-Rod, and extended his “15-minutes of fame” by going down in the record books by pitching a perfect game.
Yes, this is THE Dallas Braden, the same person that went crazy when Alex Rodriguez ran across his pitcher’s mound. A-Rod responded to that by being a snob and said that the kid hasn’t done anything in his career to challenge A-Rod’s right to walk where he wants.
Most fans outside of New York took Dallas Branden’s side, although some national broadcasters did not see anything wrong with a player walking on the pitcher’s mound (it seemed like they were apologizing for A-Rod, because they said the great Bob Gibson would not allow it).
Anyway this dangling storyline did not go away- last week, Braden said he had no regrets about calling out A-Rod and said he didn’t appreciate A-Rod just waving him off like he didn’t exist. A-Rod then put his foot in his mouth by saying Dallas Braden had his 15-minutes of fame.
Well, after Braden threw a perfect game on Mother’s Day (his mother had died of cancer when he was a teenager), the Yankees PR team had to write a positive statement for A-Rod, because A-Rod lost face and looks stupid now.
A-Rod fan Susyn Waldman took a pot shot at Dallas Braden’s grandmother, and his grandmother said A-Rod’s statement did not erase his bad attitude.
Look, I understand die-hard Yankees fans MUST stand behind anyone in pinstripes not matter how stupid they act- you know such classic Yankees like Roger Clemens, Jim Leyritz, and others, but A-Rod lost face in this battle.
Congrats to Dallas Braden….I hope he faces Alex this year again, and we can see another great confrontation.
I remember all the comments from Yankees fans and A-Rod apologists after A-Rod bullied and disrespected Dallas Brande. They all agreed with A-Rod: “Dallas WHO?” “Dallas will never amount to anything.” “That’s the last we’ll hear of Dallas Braden.”
Oops. That’s what you people get for defending A-Rod. Once an idiot, always an idiot. Let’s hit some more homeruns, A-Rod- you don’t get paid to hit singles or take walks in front of Robinson Cano, superstar.
- Dallas Braden Fights A-Rod; Sabathia Loses
- Review: A-Rod press conference
- Male Enhancement Commercials During Baseball
- Cliff Lee Destroys Yankees in Game 3
- All-Star Game
- Whatever Happens to New York Mets Managers?
- Game 81: Pettitte beats Johan Santana
- Murderer? Baltimore Orioles Pitcher Alfredo Simon
- Goose Gossage Hall of Fame
- Umpire Joe West Rips Yankees and Red Sox
- A-Rod Press Conference 1:30PM
- Yu Darvish Shot in Texas Before Rangers Press Conference
- 2-12-2010 WWE SmackDown Report
- Game 12: BoSox beat Yanks: Girardi and Mussina mistake
- Dissecting the A-Rod admits steroids interview
- A-Rod says he mispoke
- To Mike Lupica and the MEDIA: HA!
- Game 6: Wang, Joba, Mo beat Rays
- Mariano Rivera speaks about A-Rod
- MLB’s Baseball’s Best (Free online baseball videos)