Andy Pettitte: 8 innings (again!), 8 strikeouts, NO walks, 1 Run. Andy Petttitte is now 3-0 in 2010, and continued his Hall of Fame trail on national television. I first thought Pettitte and backup catcher Fransisco Cervelli has some communication issues early on, but Andy’s talent rose to the top, and maybe he realized it doesn’t matter who the catcher is (Jorge Posada has caught the bulk of his games in his career).
Speaking of Cervelli, he had another clutch bases loaded hit that broke open the game for the Yankees to defeat the LA Angels in Anaheim. Derek Jeter, Robinson Cano, Brett Gardner, and Nick Swisher were all over “ace” Joel Pineiro this time.
In a lineup featuring Ramiro Pena and Cervelli, the Yanks scored 7 runs for Andy. The slumping Nick Johnson had been benched, and Jorge was given the day off. Meanwhile, Andy was just chugging away, using all of his pitches, and pitching like an artist.
Ramiro Pena made some great plays at third, while A-Rod sucked as DH. The lineup also had Gardner batting 2nd, which turned out just fine. Since the lineup was so successful, and Nick Johnson is not getting good swings, how about keeping Gardner at the top of the lineup, and Johnson can bat 9th?
Well, if the Yanks want to continue their series winning streak, they have to take the rubber game of this Angels series this afternoon.
- Francisco Cervelli, A.J. Burnett Crush Orioles, Win Series
- Andy Pettitte Finishes Texas Rangers SWEEP
- Yankees B-Team beats Royals
- Yanks Crush Red Sox 14-3; Teixeira 3 Homeruns
- Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano Destroy Orioles
- Yanks Win ChiSox Series, Hughes and Bats Dominate
- What is the Yankees post-season roster? My picks…
- Andy Pettitte is Back; Yanks Crush Twins
- Melky and Ramiro Pena power Yanks over Angels
- Nick Johnson Back With Yankees?
- Rays Burn A.J. Burnett; Jorge Posada DL; Marcus Thames Hurt
- SHOULD A.J. Burnett have pitched on 3-day’s rest? (AJ Burnett SUCKS)
- 2002 Anaheim Angels vs 2002 New York Yankees DMB REPLAY
- 2009-2010 Yankees Free Agents
- Joba Chamberlain Blows It; Yankees Angels Threaten Fighting
- Andy Pettitte Beats Twins, Mariano Rivera Gets 2 Saves in One Day
- Yankees Beat Rays Bullpen; Take Series
- Yankees: Greatest comeback vs Angels
- 2001 World Series: Yankees vs Diamondbacks REPLAYED
- Pettitte beats Cliff Lee