DailySkew Co-Founder Damian Hospital has made the following predictions for the 2010 baseball season:
American League: New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Seattle Mariners
National League: Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies, Milwaukee Brewers, LA Dodgers
The Yankees are the team to beat, as they totally dominated every aspect of the 2009 season, and fielded a team that seemed comparable to the 1998 Yankees.
The Red Sox – on paper- has the best starting pitching staff, but their lineup is getting weaker. Theo Epstein and Bill James are on a defense kick right now.
The White Sox seem to have some components every year, but GM Kenny Williams and manager Ozzie Guillen are so inconsistent. That being said, I think the Sox can pull off an upset in a very tight AL Central. I’m tired of picking the Indians every year, and having them lose. I don’t think the Tigers or Twins will do it this year.
The 2010 Seattle Mariners look very hot on paper, since they were put together by their young GM Jack Zduriencik. The stats wiz had a five-year plan but it looks like it may be a two-year plan.
This is Bobby Cox’s last year as a manager, and this legendary Hall of Fame skipper has one last run in his bones. Look for the Braves to pull off an upset and finish higher than the Phillies.
The Phillies remain the best team in the NL, but methinks they cannot repeat as NL Champions because they got their butts whupped by the Yankees.
I chose the Brewers over the Cardinals and Cubs, just because….
Joe Torre is an icon and a winner, and there’s no reason to think he can’t repeat his performance year after year.
- Ken Rosenthal’s 2010 Baseball Picks
- Red Sox Collapse, Ozzie Guillen Marlins, 2011 MLB Post Season Picks
- 2008 MLB Postseason Playoffs Schedule, Matchups, Predictions
- MLB 2008 Post Season Playoffs Brackets
- DailySkew 2011 Baseball Predictions- 2011 MLB Picks
- Halladay for Cliff Lee? Three Way Trade of Aces
- MLB Teams Going to the Post Season
- Giants Beat Braves in 2010 NLDS; End Bobby Cox’s Career
- DailySkew 2012 MLB Predictions Baseball Projections Picks
- 2012 MLB Sim Results (OOTP 13)
- Trade: Melky Cabrera for Mike Cameron???
- 2008 MLB: Baseball Year in Review
- Mel Stottlemyre laid off from Mariners
- DailySkew OFFICIAL 2008 Baseball Division Picks
- 2011 MLB Pitcher Quality Starts; 2011 Phillies vs 1995 Braves
- Mets under Jerry Manuel: Same old Mets
- DailySkew 2013 MLB Predictions
- Yankees sign Richie Sexson: Good or bad?
- The Mets Thread
- DailySkew Interview: Leo Mazzone