Brian Cashman’s most conspicuous absence was when he was not present to accept the American League Championship, and in truth he made his first postseason appearance as an afterthought on-field for the World Series trophy, although he did not speak. Brian Cashman was present during the City Hall Key to the City ceremony and has granted interviews. However, the fact remains- Hal Steinbrenner and the Front Office got much more screen time and microphone time; so did manager Joe Girardi.
So here are the Top 10 Reasons Explaining Where Was Brian Cashman This Postseason:
10.Brian Cashman was too shy for the camera.
9. Brian Cashman was too humble, and wanted Joe Girardi, the Front Office, and the players to get camera time.
8. Brian Cashman is too worried to enjoy life.
7. Brian Cashman got into an argument with Hal Steinbrenner and President Levine.
6. Brian Cashman doesn’t have any friends on the field or Front Office so decided to celebrate with his family and lower level staff members that he bosses around.
5. Brian Cashman gave a behind-the-scenes toast to his players and coaches, and is not a camera hog.
4. Brian Cashman was scouring the free agent and waiver wire.
3. Brian Cashman was working on the 40-man roster.
2. Brian Cashman was calling other General Managers about trades.
1. Brian Cashman has one rule: never be friendly to any of the players under any circumstances. He didn’t want his judgment to be clouded by having any emotional attachment to Hideki Matsui, Andy Pettitte, or Johnny Damon (all free agents). He didn’t want a bonding experience with Joe Girardi.
Read about the sports betting system that never lost a series in the 2009 MLB season- Click Here
- Johnny Damon, player’s only meeting, MEDIA apologizes to Torre
- Joe Girardi: New World Order
- Brian Cashman Back With the Yankees For Three More Years
- Canon camera
- It’s Official: Joe Torre is Gone
- Justin Duchscherer Yankees?
- Proof: The Boss is (Thankfully) a Zombie
- What happened at Yankees Front Office Meeting Thursday
- David Wells vs Joe Torre
- Tony Vahl picks Yankees to win World Series- MLB 2009 postseason picks
- Brian Cashman Media Backlash
- Welcome to the Yankees, Mark Teixeira!
- It’s Official: The Boss is Gone
- Yankees pass on Giambi, Abreu, Pettitte…for now
- Brian Cashman on Chien Ming Wang: Not in my hands
- Do the Tampa Bay Rays Make Brian Cashman Overrated?
- Hal Steinbrenner is the New Boss- no more George
- Red Sox Bobby Jenks; Yankees Pedro FELICIANO?
- Rumor: A.J. Burnett signs with Yankees for 5 years
- Indians fire manager Eric Wedge