Congratulations to the 2009 New York Yankees, who won the American League Championship last night for New Yankee Stadium’s innagualral season. It feels great to be a Yankees fan since the 1980′s and see the best team in baseball finally be awarded with the AL pennant again. This is one of the few postseasons in recent memory where the best teams advanced each round in the playoffs. Now the two unstoppable forces- the defending 2008 World Champions Philadelphia Phillies and unofficial Champions of Eternity the NY Yankees will face each other in the World Series.
Let the record show that Andy Pettitte came through in Game 6 and he had more bullets in his arm, but Joe Girardi went with Joba Chamberlain to finish the 7th- but it worked out. Let the record show that Joe Girardi tapped into Joe Torre by using Mariano Rivera for 2 innings- and it technically worked out.
For some reason, the Anaheim Angels’ defense imploded this series. They were out of character, but still dangerous, and capable of winning it all. But the Yanks kept fighting back and capitalized on the Angels’ mistakes, just like the great Yankees teams of old.
As Tony Vahl said, the game was officially over when Scott Kazmir threw the pickoff away to make the score 4-2. Kazmir had tapped into his NY Mets genetic makeup and was overcome by his fears. In fact, the Angels looked intimidated playing in NY, which is shocking for that team.
Brian Cashman should have been there on TV with the rest of the Yankees upper management since he put this team together. Although I don’t like Cashman, his acquitions of CC Sabathia, Mark Teixeira, Nick Swisher, A.J. Burnett, and holding on to Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain turned out fantastic this year.
Anyway, I enjoyed seeing Mike Scioscia’s post game interview- it looked like a funeral parlor, and as the loser, he had to admit that the Yankees were the better team. And, as Vahl eluded to, we can finally put Nick Adenhart’s spiriti to rest.
Now it’s time to beat the living crap out of Chase Utley, Pedro Martinez, and the rest of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- 2009 World Series Game 6 Pictures
- MLB 2008 Post Season Playoffs Brackets
- SHOULD A.J. Burnett have pitched on 3-day’s rest? (AJ Burnett SUCKS)
- Rays beat Red Sox, Joba arrested, Tom Tresh dies, Phillies beat Dodgers
- American League Division Series Matchups, Predictions
- Phillies Sweep Reds, Gamblers Lose Money
- Tony Vahl picks Yankees to win World Series- MLB 2009 postseason picks
- World Series Game 6 Preview: Andy Pettitte vs Pedro Martinez
- Robinson Cano Walk-Off HR in 10th
- Ken Rosenthal’s 2010 Baseball Picks
- Melky comeback again…but Yanks still lose to Phills
- A.J. hot again, Yanks win Angels series in LA
- Angels SWEEP Yankees
- Chase Utley World Champions Parade Speech
- Damian Hospital’s 2010 Baseball Predictions
- Carlos Beltran Jinxes Mets
- WWE Night of Champions PPV Results Review 7/26/2009
- Angels rally and beat Yankees ALCS Game 5
- 2007 DMB WORLD SERIES RESULTS
- Phil Hughes Returns as Yanks Win Angels Series