Pedro Martinez and A.J. Burnett had a classic pitching duel at Yankee Stadium for the World Series Game 2. A.J. Burnett was focused even though he had a few wild pitched and went 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Pedro Martinez was great for 6 innings with his offspeed pitches, but ran out of steam in the beginning of the 7th.
Hideki Matsui tied things up with a solo HR, and then Jerry Hairston, Jr. got things rolling in the 7th with a hit, and Melky Cabrera followed up with a single.
Mark Teixeira finally snapped out of his slump. Jorge Posada got a clutch pinch-hit off of Chan Ho Park.
Mariano Rivera hurled 2 scoreless innings for the save. Final score – 3-1.
- World Series Game 6 Preview: Andy Pettitte vs Pedro Martinez
- DMB: 2004 Red Sox vs 1998 Yanks (Best of 9 Multiverse Series)
- Mark Teixeira Slump: What’s Up With That?
- A’s snap Yankees win streak
- JUAN MIRANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Forgettable Texas Yankees game
- ALCS 4: Texas Clobbers AJ Burnett, Yankees at Brink
- Orioles win Yankees series, Wang falls
- Godzilla destroys Texas
- Texas Toast: Teixeira gets hits; sparks Yanks
- Is Pedro Martinez Done?
- Yankees win July 4th marathon
- Game 60: BEST YANKEES GAME OF THE YEAR (Giambi)
- Red Sox Strike Back: Boston’s Revenge
- Yankees win thanks to Posada’s disputed HR and Cody Ransom
- Yankees: Greatest comeback vs Angels
- Yankees beat Twins, win 5th series in a row
- 2009 World Series Game 6 Pictures
- What is the Yankees post-season roster? My picks…
- Tigers Verlander beats C.C. Sabathia