Sergio Mirte’s sinker ball wasn’t sinking, so he was a poor man’s Wang last night against the Chicago White Sox in a 10-5 loss. He pitched three LONG innings and didn’t have anything. The Yanks’ offense started off hot, 3-0 in the 1st, and looked en route to a victory.
Brian Cashman better be hiding in a hole somewhere because not only did Sergio stink the joint up, but Alfredo Aceves clearly has a dead arm and should not be used for two innings anymore. Dave Robertson got tagged with the loss. Mark Melancon pitched well again, I think we should keep him on the roster.
Cashman’s trade deadline inaction to pick up a pitcher is sure to stress him out with regrets this season.
Speaking of moves, Shelley Duncan was recalled, but he looked sad and not his old enthusiastic self. There’s a good chance that once Jerry Hairston, Jr. joins the team, Shelley would actually be CUT because he ran out of minor league options. In other words, Cashman and Girardi may have set up the poor guy by recalling him for one game that he wasn’t even used in.
Speaking of not used, Eric Hinske hit a game-tying HR last night.
Jonathan Albaledejo was thankfully sent down before the game.
- Game 68: Joba solid in 2-1 Yanks win over Astros
- Game 5: Rays beat Andy Pettitte in his "return"
- Blue Jays take Yanks back to earth
- Johnny Damon is Complaining
- Sergio Mitre beats Mariners, Jeter and Swisher HR
- Game 24: Indians Paul Byrd beats Pettitte
- "Shel-LEY! Shel-LEY!"
- Shelley Duncan is hot
- Game 48: Yankees destroy Mariners’ Bedard, 13-2
- Yankees B-Team beats Royals
- Game 131: Red Sox drop Yankees; A-Rod booed
- Shelley Duncan Fights Rays
- Game 54: Mussina, Abreu, A-Rod, Godzilla beat Twins
- Johnny Damon Gets Revenge on Yanks, as Tigers Win 5-4
- Game 84: Texas Rangers win Yankees series
- Game 43: Santana beats Pettitte in Subway Series
- Game 4: Tampa Bay Rays crush Yanks
- Joba Chamberlain beats Lester, Red Sox
- Diamond Mind Baseball: 2008 Yankees April
- Yankees SWEEP Rays in DOUBLE HEADER