It took 12 grueling innings for the Yankees to send their fans home happy on July 4th, thanks to a Jorge Posada clutch hit in the 12th inning vs the Toronto Blue Jays.
The matchup between Roy Halladay and Chien-Ming Wang did not live up to its billing- of course. Halladay didn’t have it, and Wang (kinda) did. Wang was throwing 3 pitches very well, and appeared to be in line for the Win, but after a HR and a ball, Jorge Posada noticed Wang was in pain, and had to be taken out.
Dave Robertson and Brian Bruney were kinda bad, but Phil Hughes once again was perfect, as was Mariano Rivera. Even Phil Coke (2 scoreless) got into the act. Bret Tomko winded up winning this game.
- Yankees 2009 pitching rotation and Yankees bullpen
- Yankees win 7th straight after rain delay
- Carl Pavano vs Phil Hughes
- Game 40: Rays beat Mariano Rivera
- Yankees message board trends
- Yankees Mid-Season Report Card
- Hideki Matsui and Jorge Posada’s back to back HR
- Sergio Mitre wins
- White Sox 14 Yankees 4
- Phil Hughes makes his bullpen debut as Yanks beat Rays
- BREAKING NEWS: Wang back in rotation….
- Game 84: Texas Rangers win Yankees series
- Phil Hughes No Hitter in Oakland
- Yanks SWEEP Orioles (again!)
- Angels come back again to beat Yanks
- 2009 Yankees pitching
- Yankees win 3/4 from A’s
- Mariano Rivera 500 saves, RBI, Yanks SWEEP Mets
- Crazy eights: Yanks win 8th in a row
- Forgettable Texas Yankees game