CC just didn’t have it last night. It happens to everybody. The Yanks’ winning streak stops at 7. Hideki Matsui hit a double and HR, had a 10-pitch at-bat in the 9th before flying out. He cursed himself in Japanese in the dugout; his family was there, and I’m glad they don’t allow swords in the dugout because he probably would have ran the blade through his stomach for failing in the 9th.
Mark Teixeira’s slump has now affected his fielding for the first time all year.
Anyway, the Yanks still win the series even though they lost 8-4 last night.
This game had a yet another rain delay before the start, and it may have messed up CC Sabathia, I”m not sure. CC had already warmed up and was ready to pitch before the rain delay.
- CC Sabathia Destroys Rangers in Rain Shortened Game
- Yanks Crush Red Sox 14-3; Teixeira 3 Homeruns
- Mark Teixeira Slump: What’s Up With That?
- Mark Teixeira powers Yankees over Tigers
- Yankees win 7th straight after rain delay
- Yankees B-Team beats Royals
- CC Sabathia, Yanks bats destroy Mets
- Pettitte beats Cliff Lee
- Game 20: Pettitte stops losing streak vs Orioles
- 2010 Yankees Gold Gloves
- Game 72: A-Rod powers Yankees over Padres
- Mark Teixeira’s clutch HR lifts Yanks over Seattle
- YANKEES WIN AL EAST, SWEEP RED SOX
- Joba Chamberlain Blows It; Yankees Angels Threaten Fighting
- Who’s Your Daddy? Yankees beat Pedro Martinez in Word Series Game 2
- Game 104: Red Sox, Lester blast Yankees, Ponson
- Yankees: Greatest comeback vs Angels
- Game 12: BoSox beat Yanks: Girardi and Mussina mistake
- A.J. Burnett, Swisher, stop losing streak
- Godzilla destroys Texas