It was a bad vacation spot for the Yanks..much too hot (100 degrees field level) and humid this weekend. CC Sabathia wilted in the 2nd inning, and I felt like I took a time machine into the early 1990′s…watching the Mets vs Marlins with Dallas Green at the helm.
The final score seems like a close game- 6 to 5- but that was only because Brett Gardner cleared the bases in the 9th with 2 outs. Thanks, Derek.
After CC left with a bicep injury, Alfredo Aceves shut the Marlins down but Brett Tomko, Phil Coke, and Dave Robertson coughed up the runs. The runs seemed unimportant at the time, but I knew better than that.
The Yankees hitters once again played lethargic under the sun.
The game was delayed for a while when Joe Girardi seemed to be protesting Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez’s double switch error; too bad the Marlins announcers (I guess Tommy Hutton and Rich Walz- holy white bread, what school did they go to?) had no idea what was going on. I actually longed for Tim McCarver to break out the rule book. Speaking of the announcers, I thought these guys were supposed to be good. They indulged in Yankees bashing all afternoon, and really, really didn’t scout the Yanks. Too bad MLB.TV blacked out these games all weekend.
I really wanted to listen to Michael Kay squirm as the Marlins embarrassed Steinbrenner’s team, which is always supposed to beat these “inferior” small market teams. You know looking at the pitiful faces of the Yankees fans at Land Shark Stadium, I think Yankees fans can’t understand how the Marlins always beat the Yankees. It’s because the Marlins aren’t even a real team; they have a handful of die-hard fans, lame marketing, the team gets disbanded every few years; no one really cares about baseball in Florida, and they have an owner who is borderline illegal. MEANWHILE, in New York people live and breath the Yankees and the Steinbrenner family puts their heart, soul, and money into making the Yanks #1. But the Marlins win the series. Life just ain’t fair sometimes, huh?
Yankees are now 4 game behind the Red Sox thanks to stumbling through these National League teams. Bobby Cox is next.
The A-Rod fatigue issue will not go away. If he really shouldn’t have played all those games in a row, he needs to sit out more than two games.
Anyway after listened to the announcers and seeing the fans in attendance, I wanted Godzilla to invade South Florida.
- J.J. beats A.J. 2-1
- Marlins Manager Edwin Rodríguez Quits (Or Was Fired)
- NL Rookie of the Year: Chris Coghlan
- Marlins: 2009 East Champions?
- Pittsburgh Pirates Announcers MLB.TV
- If you thought the Nationals were tough….
- Joe Torre Retires; Rumors of Managing Mets or Marlins False
- Javier Vazquez Marlins, Juan Miranda Diamondbacks
- DMB: 2003 Marlins vs 1998 Yanks (Best of 9 Multiverse Series)
- Yankees-Marlins tickets
- Baseball and Hurricane Plan of Action
- Al Leiter announcer YES Network
- What Pedro Martinez on the DL means…
- Will the Marlins spoil the Mets chances at Shea?
- Pettitte, Park, Granderson, Rivera Beat Red Sox in 10
- Jim Leyritz arrested again
- Bobby Valentine Marlins Manager? Buck Showalter Orioles Manager?
- Logan Morrison Recalled By Florida Marlins; Weak Players Union?
- Yankees catch Marlins
- Marlins Stadium Deal