Wang lasted 5 innings on 91 pitches, and pitched fine in the first 4 innings. He is now 0-5. Michael Kay rated his performance a “C” because he gave up 3 runs in 5 innings against the “worst team in baseball”. John Flaherty gave Wang a C+ because he had good command in only his 3rd start since coming off the DL.
In other words, Wang will have another chance.
Phil Hughes, Phil Coke, and Alfredo Aceves shut out the Nats the rest of the way.
The Yanks made things interesting in the 9th with a Jonny Damon HR and two Brett Gardner steals. Unfortunately, Cano grounded into a double play (he had hit a HR previously).
I really see an improvement in Gardner’s base running skills. I wish the kid had more playing time- I think he’s better than a 9th inning pinch runner.
- Game 89: Brett Gardner beats Red Sox
- Yankees SWEEP Twins
- Chien-Ming Wang Back With Nationals
- Game 21: Abreu slams White Sox
- 2009 Yankees postseason roster ALDS
- AJ Burnett, Brett Gardner, A-Rod Beat Rangers
- Yankees win July 4th marathon
- CC Sabathia outduels Dice-K, Yankees Magic Number is 1
- Game 131: Red Sox drop Yankees; A-Rod booed
- Swisher, Cano, Jeter, AJ crush Rays
- Phil Hughes No Hitter in Oakland
- Yanks Win ChiSox Series, Hughes and Bats Dominate
- I don’t believe…what I just saw
- Yankees beat Twins, win 5th series in a row
- Game 123: Gardner and Cano beat Royals in 13th inning
- Game 70: Yanks sweep Astros, but lose Wang for season?
- Carl Pavano vs Phil Hughes
- MELKY, Gardner CLUTCH
- Game 122: KC Royals beat Mariano Rivera
- Pettitte, Park, Granderson, Rivera Beat Red Sox in 10