Yankees Report Card
Guys who did their jobs:
- Johnny Damon, the hottest Yankees player, with a game-tying HR
- Hideki Matsui- he looks like he will commit harikari when he gets an out. Thankfully he had a HR today.
- Melky Cabrera- he walks now, making him a dangerous threat
- Derek Jeter rebounded from the last game with 2 hits and walk
- Ramiro Pena. With A-Rod returning today, the kid had a single, walk, and run scored
Guys who didn’t do their jobs:
- Mark Teixeira- the only Yankees player who is booed when he makes an out
- Nick Swisher doesn’t look comfortable at home. His home/road numbers are skewed
- Robinson Cano, in admist of his first slump of the season
- Andy Pettitte- thanks, Andy.
- Jose Veras- boy is he in every game, or what?
- Mariano Rivera’s velocity wasn’t there; his arm felt weak. He gave up back-to-back HRs in the 9th after Damon tied it up. There was mostly silence at the Stadium, with scattered boos among polite claps.
How the Yankees lost: Choke hitting, bad starting pitching, bad bullpen. Who says the Yanks can’t run on all cylinders?
Alex Rodriguez….SAVE US.
- Red Sox beat Yanks at new Stadium
- Joba, Swisher beat Tigers
- Captain Clutch Jeter and Little Cody beat Rays
- Kubel’s Grand Slam Off Rivera Ends Streak
- Mariano Rivera Speaks about Steroids/HGH
- Game 45: Orioles crush Mussina in the 1st, Yanks lose 12-2
- Game 130: Cano helps Yankees SWEEP Orioles
- Youkilis HR off Marte beats Yanks in extra innings
- Yankees Opening Day
- Game 64: Jose Guillen beats Mariano Rivera
- Game 52: LaTroy Hawkins Sucks
- Tigers Verlander beats C.C. Sabathia
- Yankees HRs beat Indians
- CC Sabathia and Yankees Bats Wake Up in Game 5
- AJ Burnett flirts with no-hitter, beats Rays
- Red Sox Sweep Yankees Part II
- Yankees Hold on to Sweep Orioles, but Andy Pettitte’s Elbow Hurts
- Rays beat Yanks in 10
- C.C. Sabathia rebounds; Nick Swisher stays hot
- The Melk Man Delivers- Yans beat A’s in extra innings