Joba Chamberlain fought through 6 innings to keep the score within striking distance (3-2 Orioles). It turned out Johnny Damon was today’s savior, when he worked the count in his favor and hit deep 3-run HR to makes it 5-3 Yanks. Thanks to Phil Coke’s 2 innings, and Mariano Rivera’s save, the Yanks won the game and managed to take 2/3 from the Orioles. Mark Teixeira and Robinson Cano started the mayhem.
Speaking of Joba, Aubrey Huff taunted him twice after hitting a HR in the 1st inning.
I’m kinda tired of guys trying to play mind games with Joba, while Beckett, K-Rod, and Papelbon get Free Passes ™ when they pump their fists.
Ian Kennedy (AAA)
Yankees transactions (last few days)
Called up Kevin Cash to be the backup catcher to Francisco Cervelli
Sent down Mark Melancon
Sent down David Robertson
Called up Brett Tomko
- Why did the 2009 Yankees improve from the 2008 Yankees?
- Orioles Squeak by Yankees; Win 4th Game of Season
- Francisco Cervelli, A.J. Burnett Crush Orioles, Win Series
- 2009 Yankees starting rotation (April)
- Carl Pavano vs Phil Hughes
- Yankees 2009 pitching rotation and Yankees bullpen
- Orioles win Yankees series, Wang falls
- Joba the Weird: Chamberlain Denies Injury Severity and Responsibility
- Yanks Cut Wang
- Game 130: Cano helps Yankees SWEEP Orioles
- Late Night- Angels Rally; Joba Blows
- Wang: SEASON OVER- Who will be the Yankees 5th starter?
- Game 73: Yankees SWEEP Padres!
- Brian Cashman: No C.C. Sabathia AND Mark Teixeira
- Game 21: Abreu slams White Sox
- Joba Rules- Yankees win 8th in a row
- Game 52: LaTroy Hawkins Sucks
- Game 6: Wang, Joba, Mo beat Rays
- Game 20: Pettitte stops losing streak vs Orioles
- Game 129: Carl Pavano wins! Yankees win series!