Brian Cashman finally commented on the state of his team as reported by 1050 ESPN: Chien Ming Wang will remain in the bullpen until Joe Girardi decides to make a change. Cashman says “[Wang's] contract says baseball player,” not starter, he “is sporting a 20-something ERA,” and “we didn’t put him in this situation.”
Nice way to bolster a pitcher’s confidence, Cashman. It’s comments such as these that show me Cashman has no interpersonal skills or sports psychology training.
The proper thing to say would have been, “Wang will remain in the bullpen until he can get back into form. He had an ankle injury last year, and a hip injury this year, and needs to get some clean innings under his belt, like he did last night. We don’t have a set time-table right now, it depends on his results.”
- Yanks Cut Wang
- Former Yankees Pitcher Alfredo Aceves Now a Red Sox: My View
- BREAKING NEWS: Wang back in rotation….
- Whatever Happened to 2010 Chien-Ming Wang?
- Cashman, Levine screw WANG
- Game 26: Wang-Joba-Mo: Nuff Said
- Yankees message board trends
- Insurance Advertising
- 2011 Cashman Reveals Jorge Posada DH, Joba Chamberlain Bullpen
- Cashman Forced to Talk About Igawa; Japan Quake Killed Albaladejo?
- Yankees 2009 Starting Rotation
- Kei Igawa looking for fresh start
- Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi on 2010 Yankees
- Game 6: Wang, Joba, Mo beat Rays
- 2010 Yankees Trade Rumors and Free Agent Signings
- Nationals beat Yanks 3-2
- Joe Girardi and Joba Chamberlain: Promises
- Creatine in Baseball
- Phil Hughes Unstoppable, as Yanks Tame Tigers 8-0
- New York Yankees All-Star Break Midseason Report