The Yankees are 9-9 before tonight’s game vs the Detroit Tigers.
Using my Report Cards, let’s find out why the Yankees have that record over 18 games:
Games won due to starting pitching AND bullpen AND clutch hitting: 4
Games won due to starting pitching AND bullpen AND offense: 1
Games won due to starting pitching AND offense: 1
Games won due to starting pitching AND clutch hitting: 1
Games won due to offense and bullpen: 1
Games won due to bullpen and clutch hitting: 1
Games lost due to poor starting pitching: 4
Games lost due to poor bullpen: 1
Games lost due to poor bullpen and hitters choking: 2
Games lost due to starting pitching AND poor bullpen: 1
Games lost due to being outclassed: 1
Or, to put another way:
Good starting pitching led to 7 wins.
Good bullpen was involved in 7 wins.
Good hitting was involved in 9 wins.
Bad starting pitching led to 7 loses.
Poor bullpen was involved in 4 loses.
Poor hitting was involved in 2 loses.
Seems like the bullpen woes are a bit overstated by the MEDIA, and the offense is fine every day except with Runners in Scoring Position, a problem that has been there for years.
- Why Did the 2011 Yankees Win the AL East Title?
- Diamond Mind Baseball: 2008 Yankees April
- 2013 New York Yankees May Report: Getting Ugly Up In Here
- The 2012 Yankees at the All-Star Break Report
- 2007 Yankees vs 2008 Yankees
- Melky comeback again…but Yanks still lose to Phills
- Game 127: Halladay, Jays bats destroy Yanks
- 2011 Yankees Report Card (April-May)
- 2013 Yankees July Report
- Yankees win 3/4 from A’s
- Is Joe Girardi too smart, positive, and mentally healthy?
- Yankees Destroy NL East; 9 Game Winning Streak, 19-4 Last 23 Games
- 2013 Yankees All Star Break Report
- Orioles win Yankees series, Wang falls
- Game 8: KC Royals beat Hughes and Yankees
- 2007 DMB League Championship Series Results
- Cliff Lee’s Rangers Beat David Price’s Rays
- Yankees bash Braves, take 2 out of 3
- 2008 LA Dodgers Analysis
- Captain Clutch Jeter and Little Cody beat Rays