A federal judge has barred prosecutors from using three steroid test results and other key evidence in Barry Bonds’ trial set to start in March 2 because personal trainer Greg Anderson’s will not testify to validate the tests. The judge had said she was troubled by the admissibility of the test results because prosecutors couldn’t conclusively tie them to Bonds. (Anderson already spent a year in jail for refusing to testify.)
The Government may call Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Randy Velarde, Bobby Estalella, Marvin Bernard, Armando Rios, and NFL’s Larry Izzo to testify that they knew what they were taking at BALCO was illegal. Bonds has maintained that he did not know the substances Anderson gave him personally were illegal. It’s possible one of these players has more info, but considering all of those players have cut deals with the prosecutors to avoid jail-time, who knows what they would say?
Kimberly Bell, Bonds’ ex-whatever, will also give a tearful testimony, that Bonds cheated on his taxes and admitted using steroids.
Be sure to visit the DailySkew for baseball news and Barry Bonds trial updates. Rest assured, we will NOT be neutral- we feel Barry Bonds is getting a RAW DEAL. We hope he is found NOT GUILTY, and eventually SUES Major League Baseball for lost wages and damaged reputation. We also hope he EXPOSES the prosecutor and Government for creating a WITCH-HUNT and LEAKING evidence and anonymous tests. How can Bonds even get a fair trial when the Government leaked grand jury testimony?
- One Step Closer to Freedom: Barry Bonds Evidence Tossed
- Barry Bonds is another step closer to being freed
- Barry Bonds Testimony
- A-Rod Steroids Coverage
- Tigers fire Jacque Jones, will Barry Bonds get hired
- Hideki Matsui may out for season: Let’s talk Barry Bonds
- Andy Pettitte Covers for Roger Clemens at Trial
- Bud Selig will not read Bonds’ testimony
- Barry Bonds
- Curt Schilling vs Barry Bonds
- Barry Bonds collusion: "I’ll work for minimum wage"
- Barry Bonds One Year Later: Erased
- Free Agent Class 2007/8
- Congress Gives Roger Clemens Verdict
- Barry Bonds Defends A-Rod
- Yankees sign Richie Sexson: Good or bad?
- "Ozzie Guillen is never negative"
- Barry Bonds’ Hall of Fame Induction Speech TRANSCRIPT
- Getting Disability Insurance
- A Green World