Yeah I know it’s “old news” but I wanted to wrap up this dangling plot line: Bobby Abreu, one of the best players in baseball, signed for only $5 million for one year with the LA Angels of Anaheim. There’s only a few bonuses in the contract, based on plate appearances.
“It was tough,” Abreu said. “I thought by November, December, I was going to have a contract. I was looking for something multiyear, but the economic situation right now, everybody’s going through it. So I do understand that.”
Bobby- I have a feeling you will do great for the Angels this year, and the Yankees will miss your bat. Too bad Brian Cashman didn’t call you back.
- Mets and Santana countdown
- Johnny Damon Getting Screwed in Today’s Marketplace
- Bobby Abreu: Unemployed
- Giambi signs with A’s; Pavano signs with Indians
- Yankees Say Farewell to Damon, Sign Randy Winn
- Johnny Damon Signs with Tigers for 1-year
- Pete Rose + A-Rod + Steroids = BOOM
- 2013 Yankees Moves: No Catcher, Re-Sign Pitching
- Yankees arbitration- Giambi, Pettitte, Abreu, Pudge
- Brian Cashman Signs DH Raul Ibanez (Good or Bad?)
- Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui, and Johnny Damon Reconsidered
- Jerry Hairston, Jr Leaves Yankees, Heads to Padres
- Braves Offer Johnny Damon 1-year Deal, A-Rod and Cameron Diaz
- Yankees pass on Giambi, Abreu, Pettitte…for now
- Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera Stay With Yanks
- Red Sox Sign John Lackey for $85 million over 5 years
- Yanks Cut Wang
- Whatever Happened to 2010 Chien-Ming Wang?
- Baseball news (March 18, 2009)
- Rumor: A.J. Burnett signs with Yankees for 5 years