“I talked to Andy,” Torre said. “His agent had called the Dodgers to find out about interest, and that’s when I called him. I had talked to Andy much earlier, asking him to come to my (Safe at Home) Foundation dinner. He was always married to the Yankees, the excitement playing for the Yankees.
“I called him only because his agent called (Dodgers’ GM) Ned (Colletti). I certainly would’ve kicked myself (if I hadn’t called). He never said no to anything, but just from talking to him, I know the Yankees are his first choice. I wasn’t about to talk him out it, knowing Andy like I do.”
Looks like Joe Torre killed any negotiating leverage Andy may have had with Cashman. Thanks, Joe!
- Will Andy Pettitte and Joe Torre be together again (Dodgers rumor)
- Joe Torre Retires; Rumors of Managing Mets or Marlins False
- Carl Pavano vs Joe Torre
- Joe Torre Dodgers
- Joe Torre’s Dodgers SWEEP Lou Pinella’s Cubs
- Joe Torre’s new book: "The Yankee Years"
- Brian Cashman Calls Joe Torre’s Book Garbage
- A-Rod accidentally admits Yankees have no chance
- Cashman attacks Bernie Williams
- Yankees arbitration- Giambi, Pettitte, Abreu, Pudge
- Jim Leyritz: I’m not guilty, man
- Joe Torre Larry King Interview
- YESNetwork Downplays Yankees vs Joe Torre’s Dodgers
- Pedro Martinez Phillies
- 2007 DMB League Championship Series Results
- Yanks Cut Wang
- Proof: The Boss is (Thankfully) a Zombie
- Brian Cashman: No C.C. Sabathia AND Mark Teixeira
- Did Joe Torre violate confidentiality in his book?
- Daily Skew Officially Supports Giambi