Anyway the defending World Champion Boston Red Sox will be facing the impossible miracle team of the Tampa Bay Rays, who destroyed the Chicago White Sox. The state of Illinois has to be upset that both Chicago teams were eliminated in the playoffs. At least they made it, though; New York was worse.
The Rays have to be the favorites in the Red Sox series, since they technically were the best AL team after the Angels, with some arguing that since th Rays were in the AL East they were the better team, period.
In the National League the upstart LA Dodgers did the impossible and swept the Cubs.
The Phillies beat C.C. Sabathia’s Milwaukee Brewers. The Phillies have to be seen as favorites in this series.
If both favored teams win, the 2008 World Series would be the Tampa Bay Rays vs the Philadelphia Phillies.
- American League Division Series Matchups, Predictions
- MLB Teams Going to the Post Season
- Rays beat Red Sox, Joba arrested, Tom Tresh dies, Phillies beat Dodgers
- Baseball Stat Heads: 2010 Rays Win AL East
- Yankees Series Recap and Post Season Odds
- Jonathan Papelbon saves game against Angels
- Manager of the Year: Lou Pinella and Joe Maddon
- Ken Rosenthal’s 2010 Baseball Picks
- 2008 MLB: Baseball Year in Review
- Tony Vahl picks Yankees to win World Series- MLB 2009 postseason picks
- Yankees Win 2009 American League Championship!
- Tony Vahl’s 2010 MLB Predictions
- 2009 World Series Game 6 Pictures
- YANKEES WIN AL EAST, SWEEP RED SOX
- 2011 MLB: April Baseball 2011 Season Review
- 2008 World Series: World Champions Philadelphia Phillies
- Snapshot Joe sez….
- DailySkew 2012 MLB Predictions Baseball Projections Picks
- Phillies Sweep Reds, Gamblers Lose Money
- Game 53: Pettitte, Joba, Mo, Giambi beat Orioles