On September 21, 2008, Bernie Williams shall make his return to Yankee Stadium to take part in the pre-game festivities before the last game ever played there.
Bernie was spotted at Robinson Cano’s Foundation Fundraiser at Frankie & Johnny’s Pine Restaurant in The Bronx, as he was preparing a musical number.
Bernie is now 40, and has never stepped foot in the Stadium since Brian Cashman refused to re-sign him after the 2006 season.
“It will bring me back to my first time in 1991, when I played my first game. It will be amazing. The fans are going to be great. I’m obviously very sad to the Stadium go – you have a lot of great memories – but you move on.”
How about the Yankees SIGN HIM to play those last three games, and have the fans something to CHEER about? Then the Yankees could finally retire #51.
- Cashman attacks Bernie Williams
- Whatever happened to Dave Mlicki
- Yankee Stadium: The End
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman: Three More Years
- Goodbye Hideki Matsui – Godzilla Will Be Missed
- Mets to Doc Gooden: Go away
- Mike Hampton on the road of recovery
- Andy Pettitte beats A’s; Giambi returns
- Loyal Mets Fans Internet Grassroot Apple Attachment
- Melk Man Delivers…again
- Derek Jeter break Lou Gehrig’s record on 9/11
- Cliff Lee Destroys Yankees in Game 3
- Jose Canseco gets KO’s in boxing match
- A-Rod Hot, Mariano Rivera #502
- Tony LaRussa vs. Ray King
- All-Star Game
- Yankee Stadium Final Night
- Jonathan Papelbon wants to close All-Star game instead of Mariano Rivera
- JUAN MIRANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Yankees Beat Angels Opening Day; Ring Ceremony; Godzilla Returns