#1 The Yankees can control their own destiny by winning this series.
#2 It’s the last regular season series that Boston will play in the Bronx.
#3 The Red Sox can finish off and crush the hopes and dreams of New Yorkers.
IF, and only IF, the Yankees could pull off the sweep, we can talk about being in the Wild Card hunt for real. This would be “the run” the Yankees have been TALKING about all year.
However, more than likely, all the talk and sense of urgency will not result in a sweep or even a series win. If this year is any indication of how unclutch this 2008 team is, the Yanks will surely disappoint their fans once again.
We’ll have to wait and see.
- Johnny Damon, player’s only meeting, MEDIA apologizes to Torre
- Mets and Santana countdown
- Snapshot Joe – 4.20.07
- Yankees SWEEP Red Sox with RALLY
- DMB: 2004 Red Sox vs 1998 Yanks (Best of 9 Multiverse Series)
- Nick Swisher powers Yankees over Blue Jays
- Mark Teixeira: OUT FOR SEASON?
- Yankees Series Recap and Post Season Odds
- Yankees 20, Red Sox 11
- Will Andy Pettitte and Joe Torre be together again (Dodgers rumor)
- Phillies Sweep Reds, Gamblers Lose Money
- Game 104: Red Sox, Lester blast Yankees, Ponson
- Game 60: BEST YANKEES GAME OF THE YEAR (Giambi)
- Paul Byrd Flies to RED SOX
- A Blast from the Past — in honor of "Alexander the Great"
- Game 101: Mussina, Yanks SWEEP Twins
- Game 57: Twins beat Farnsworth and Yankees, 6-5
- Game 15: Pettitte, Matsui, Rivera sweep Rays
- MLB 2008 Post Season Playoffs Brackets
- Game 69: Mussina beat Astros, Yanks win series