Errors, not hitting with runners in scoring position, and injuries cost the Yankees another game against the Twins in Minnesota.
Darrell Rasner (5-9, 5.18) gutted out 5 innings, was victimized by errors by Cano and Giambi, and gave up a 3-run HR by Delmon Young, who did the same against Mariano the night before.
The Yankees were baffled by Kevin Slowey (9-8, 3.94), who only allowed 3 hits in 6 innings.
Dan Giese relieved Rasner but hurt his shoulder, and was unable to retire a batter. Dave Roberston (two innings) allowed one of Giese’s runners to score. Billy Traber and Brian Bruney combined for one inning, allowing no runs, to keep the Yanks in the game.
Unfortunately, the Yanks blew golden opportunities in the 8th and 9th. Final score 4-2.
Derek’s left foot was still sore, so he didn’t play today. Wilson Betemit took his place and had a few hits.
Pudge probably isn’t 100%, as he couldn’t throw out Joe Mauer from stealing off him.
Carl Pavano lost a Double-A Trenton Thunder game- 5 runs in 4+ innings.
Hideki Matsui is still trying to make a Godzilla comeback.
- Game 97: Yankees beat Oakland A’s in 12 innings
- Game 115: Mike Mussina shuts down Texas
- Game 125: Damon’s mistake costs Yankees
- Game 122: KC Royals beat Mariano Rivera
- Game 130: Cano helps Yankees SWEEP Orioles
- Game 106: Orioles beat Yakees 7-6, comeback failed
- Game 38: Rasner beats Tigers
- Red Sox Sweep Yankees Part II
- Game 66: A’s beat Yankees Rasner
- Yankess beat USF (University of South Florida)
- Game 62: Damon goes 6-6, Yankes rally 12-11 comeback
- Game 84: Texas Rangers win Yankees series
- C.C. was great for 6 innings..and then
- Game 129: Carl Pavano wins! Yankees win series!
- Yankees sell Darrell Rasner to Japan
- Rays beat Mariano Rivera in wild game
- Game 126: Andy Pettitte, Derek Jeter beat Blue Jays
- Game 110: Mussina beats Angels, 8-2
- Game 7: Mussina and Yankees offense defeat Rays
- Game 100: Cano, Abreu, Rasner beat Twins, 8-2