A little birdie of mine told me the following results of the Yankees Front Office meeting yesterday:
Hank and Hal Steinbrenner, Brian Cashman, Randy Levine, Billy Eppler, Gene Michael, Felix Lopez, and Mark Newman were there. Even though it was held in Tampa at Legends Field, Original Boss wasn’t there. Also, even though the Yanks had an off-day, Joe Girardi wasn’t there.
It was a 3-hour meeting. Barry Bonds was discussed for 3-5 minutes. Hank brought him up, but Cashman and company shot it down, by saying “we already have high-priced DH’s”.
The Yankees Hierarchy want another starter to take the place of Darrell Rasner or Sidney Ponson. Such starters include Seattle’s Jarrod Washburn, Cincinnati’s Bronson Arroyo, Toronto’s A.J. Burnett and Texas’ Vicente Padilla. Free agent Freddi Garcia could be had off the scrap heap.
They want another outfielder. I don’t know if this means this outfielder would take Melky Cabrera’s place or platoon with Johnny Damon or just work off the bench. It probably means Brett Gardner or Justin Christian would be sent down (if they are not traded). Such outfielders include Xavier Nady and Jason Bay.
The Yanks still feel they need a left-handed reliever, and are looking at Colorado’s Brian Fuentes, Pittsburgh’s Damaso Marte and John Grabow and Atlanta’s Will Ohman.
The Yanks are willing to “trade” Kei Igawa and eat the rest of his contract.
- Yankees Trade Deadline Meeting Thursday
- Johnny Damon, player’s only meeting, MEDIA apologizes to Torre
- Phil Hughes Joins 2010 Yankees Starting Rotation
- Jobs in Marketing
- Game 86: Red Sox Lester shuts out Yankees 7-0
- Tony LaRussa vs. Ray King
- Mets to Doc Gooden: Go away
- Personalized Gifts
- Game 5: Rays beat Andy Pettitte in his "return"
- Eric Chavez to Diamondbacks, Will Not Take A-Rod’s Place
- Best Jobs in Philly
- Rockies Trade Matt Holliday to Oakland A’s
- Yanks destroy Mets 15-0!!!!
- The League still fears the Yankees
- Job Trends in Columbus, Ohio
- It’s Official: The Boss is Gone
- "Shel-LEY! Shel-LEY!"
- Flashback 1989: Yankees Trade Rickey Henderson
- Analyzing the Yankees-Pirates Xavier Nady Trade
- Yankees Extend Nick Swisher (Dailyskew Analysis)