With the Detroit Tigers releasing outfielder Jacque Jones, and Jim Leyland announcing that Gary Sheffield will be playing LF, one has to wonder if blacklisted Barry Bonds would make an appearance this year with the Tigers to play DH and/or LF. Bonds and Jim Leyland are tight.
Hey, remember Jacque Jones, Torii Hunter, and Matt Lawton were the highly touted outfielders for the Minnesota Twins back in the day?
Matt Lawton’s career has been over for some time (especially after he admitted he used HGH), and Jones seemed to have lost ALL of his power after 2006…hmmmm…
Anyway, Barry Bonds to the Tigers is the only logical fit, IF Bonds comes back. Considering Detroit dug themselves in a big hole, they may get desperate enough…I hope. He’d need a month or so to get back into shape, after Bud Selig put the word out not for any team to hire him.
- Curt Schilling vs Barry Bonds
- One Step Closer to Freedom: Barry Bonds Evidence Tossed
- Free Barry Bonds
- Barry Bonds is another step closer to being freed
- Bud Selig will not read Bonds’ testimony
- Barry Bonds collusion: "I’ll work for minimum wage"
- Hideki Matsui may out for season: Let’s talk Barry Bonds
- Joba Chamblerlain outduels Edwin Jackson Yanks SWEEP Tigers
- Barry Bonds
- Barry Bonds Testimony
- Randy Johnson signs with Giants
- Tony Vahl’s 2010 MLB Predictions
- Detroit Tigers: The Team to Beat?
- Johnny Damon Signs with Tigers for 1-year
- Yankees Trade Rumors Deadline is July 31
- Tony LaRussa Snubs Best NL Player (His OWN??)
- Yankees Series Recap and Post Season Odds
- Barry Bonds One Year Later: Erased
- Game 33: Yanks sweep Mariners, 8-2
- Penalties for steroid users