Chien-Ming Wang came through again, even though everyone had a scare when his thumb cramped up in the 5th inning and 1 out. He induced a double-play, and pitched the 6th to run his record to 6-0, 3.00.
Kyle Farnsworth looked good for the 7th, and Joba-Mo closed down the 8th and 9th. Final score 5-1. The fans were more vocal than the Tigers series.
The Seattle Mariners looked like they just had one good player: Ichiro! He single handedly scored the only run for his team by getting a cheap single, stole 2nd, stole 3rd, and scored on a ground out. Seattle had 4 errors.
Melky Cabrera got two RBI, Godzilla got 1, as did Morgan Ensberg and Molina on a sac fly.
Injuries and Transactions
Jorge Posada was diagnosed with shoulder tendinitis and will be out around 6 weeks or so, depending on his recovery. It is my opinion that he may never be the same again. Molina and Moller can’t match his offense, so we can only hope they call good games and throw runners out.
2007 mopup reliever Jose Veras was called up from Scranton.
- Game 110: Mussina beats Angels, 8-2
- Game 50: Yankees rally to sweep Mariners, 6-5
- Game 98: Yankees Pettitte sweeps Oakland A’s
- Francisco Cervelli walk-off hit
- Sergio Mitre beats Mariners, Jeter and Swisher HR
- Game 7: Mussina and Yankees offense defeat Rays
- Yankees clinch post-season with win over Angels
- Game 97: Yankees beat Oakland A’s in 12 innings
- Stolen Victory
- Game 10: Pettitte dominates Royals
- Help with addiction
- Game 74: Edinson Volquez outduels Mussina
- Would You Buy a House Now?
- Leaf Blowers
- Game 131: Red Sox drop Yankees; A-Rod booed
- Game 129: Carl Pavano wins! Yankees win series!
- Game 60: BEST YANKEES GAME OF THE YEAR (Giambi)
- Andy Pettitte is back
- Game 70: Yanks sweep Astros, but lose Wang for season?
- Mariano Rivera #501