Bobby Abreu’s grand slam, Johnny Damon’s 3-run homerun, and Jason Giambi’s solo shot overcame a sub par outing by Chien-Ming Wang, as the Yankees beat the hosting Chicago White Sox, without the presence of A-Rod, who had a baby. Wang still won, and became the fastest man to win 50 games since DOC GOODEN.
The Yanks feasted upon former Yankees flop Cuban exile Jose Contreras.
Wang gave up a lot of hits, but only surrendered 3 runs in 6 innings. Billy Traber and Brian Bruney stumbled a bit, and Joba Chamberlain pitched 1.2 innings, before Kyle Farnsworth gave up a HR in the 9th.
Jorge Posada returned behind the plate.
- Game 22: Mussina beats White Sox
- Game 60: BEST YANKEES GAME OF THE YEAR (Giambi)
- Game 49: Yankees crush Mariners 12-6
- Game 93: Roy Halladay shutouts Yankees, 5-0
- Diamond Mind Baseball: 2008 Yankees April
- Game 17: Manny hits 2HR off Mussina
- Game 114: Sidney Ponson beats Texas Rangers
- Game 71: Pettitte neuters Padres; Giambi 2HR
- Kyle Farnsworth
- Game 65: Wang beats A’s, 3-1
- Game 102: Joba shutouts Beckett 1-0
- Game 40: Rays beat Mariano Rivera
- Diamond Mind Baseball: 2008 Yankees May
- Game 16: Yanks outslug Sox at Stadium
- Game 59: Mike Mussina wins again, 5-1 over Blue Jays
- Game 127: Halladay, Jays bats destroy Yanks
- Game 108: Angels feast on Andy Pettitte
- Game 107: Abreu hits 2HR over Orioles, Joba wins
- Game 9: Royals Zack Greinke shuts out Yanks; Bullpen starts
- Yankees first win against Red Sox: Devastating