The final score of 7-5 Red Sox over Yanks doesn’t come close to telling the story of what happened last night: Moose got killed.
Mike Mussina tried to pitch around Future Hall of Famer Manny Ramirez- twice- but ending up laying pitches right down the middle to him. Moose is just too stubborn. If this was DMB, I’d just intentionally walk Manny every time he came up if the score was close.
I mean, is Kevin Youklis THAT great? [No.]
Anyay, props to Kyle Farnsworth for throwing a 100MPH fastball at Manny’s head, who grounded out to end that at bat. He put some natural fear into Manny, and it worked. Kyle also had a 1-2-3 inning. Billy Traber went TWO innings, allowing ZERO runs. Jonathan Albaladejo was an inning eater (3 innings, 2 runs, 3K) after Mussina lasted 3 innings.
The Yanks tried to mount a comeback with 2-outs (Melky Cabrera) in the 9th off Jonathan Papelbon, who came in with the score being 7-3 (non-save situation).
Josh Beckett was good, hurling 8 innings.
- Game 12: BoSox beat Yanks: Girardi and Mussina mistake
- Game 22: Mussina beats White Sox
- Game 7: Mussina and Yankees offense defeat Rays
- Game 124: Yankees clobber Royals 15-6
- Game 89: Brett Gardner beats Red Sox
- Game 107: Abreu hits 2HR over Orioles, Joba wins
- Game 4: Tampa Bay Rays crush Yanks
- Game 32: Vintage Mussina beat Mariners
- Game 121: Twins beat Yankees to win series
- Game 74: Edinson Volquez outduels Mussina
- Game 69: Mussina beat Astros, Yanks win series
- Game 41: Mussina, Rivera beat Rays 2-1
- Manny Ramirez signs with Dodgers $45 million
- Manny Ramirez Auctions Grill on ebay
- Mike Mussina finally wins 20th victory
- Manny Pac Man Pacquiao destroys Ricky Hitman Hatton
- Game 127: Halladay, Jays bats destroy Yanks
- Phil Hughes and Kei Iwaga
- Game 131: Red Sox drop Yankees; A-Rod booed
- SCANDAL: MANNY RAMIREZ SUSPENDED FOR DRUG VIOLATION