Well, I watched/heard all of the testimony today while multi-tasking at work today.
Here are my thoughts/funny observations:
1) None of the House Speakers had the ability to maximize or plan the 10 minutes of time given for questions and answers. Many were unprepared, rambled on and on, had no grasp of the situation, repeated questions, did not listen to previous answers, and some were extremely unprofessional. Some were admitted Roger Clemens fans, one called him an “icon”, another said how she’s a Yankees fan, and another said that he’s going to heaven for his honesty. One man totally ripped into Brian McNamee’s character by making personal attacks and judgments.
2) The Chairman was upfront at the beginning- he doubted anything would be solved, and that the only reason why this meeting is being held is for Roger Clemens to defend his reputation by giving him a public forum under oath, and to face his accuser.
3) NOTHING was solved after everything was said and done.
4) The only time Brian McNamee actual showed his true self was when he denied and took offense to be called “a drug dealer”, by saying “that’s your opinion”. Brian said that he just helped athletes out by giving them what they asked for. The congressman went absolutely crazy on him for that.
5) Roger DID get a lot of tough questions. He simply denied all implications and contradictions.
6) Roger lost his cool when the congressmen implied he influenced his former “nanny” before she reported to them. Roger called her, and invited her over, and assured the immigrant to “tell them the truth about me”. It all stemmed to if Roger attended Jose Canseco’s barbecue party in Florida. Well, the nanny is saying that Roger WAS at the party.
7) Roger said his late mother introduced him to the benefits of vitamin B-12.
8) Roger’s wife took fall for him. Big time. He had better never- E-E-E-E-ver get divorced!
9) Andy Pettitte should be called Saint Andrew. Andy confessed all of his sins last week to them, telling them The Truth- even stuff they didn’t ask for. Andy said an embarrassing thing that only he and his wife knew about- that Andy’s dad gave him HGH in 2004 to recover. Andy also said that Roger told him he used HGH. Chuck Knoblauch also gave emotional testimony last week. Both men had Brian as their trainer, Brian gave their names up, and they admitted it. Roger is the ONLY one not to admit it. Roger was unable to explain Brian’s motivation for lying about him, but telling the truth about Chuck and Andy.
10) Clemens’ failed in his goal to sway the Court of Public Opinion, and I doubt he will get commercials anymore. McNamee came off as the greatest liar there is (and as someone who is really dumb), but NO ONE could explain why he would be lying about Roger Clemens.
11) There was a lot of discussion about Roger’s left buttocks.
12) Roger, Texas landowner, must have contributed so much to the Republican Party. He even said that “a former president wished him the best of luck in the elevator”.
13) It truly was a shame the legislators didn’t seem to pool their questions together or have a true gameplan to break Roger. Some of these questions reminded me of some DailySkew comments on skew.dailyskew.com.
14) Roger’s Abe Lincoln-like story of him running to school every day instead of taking a bus made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! His origin: learning willpower, determination, ethics and motivation to put food on the table from his mother and grandmother. They raised him on their own, with no Dad. It was just as laughable. I almost choked when Roger said “I’m human“.
15) Look, at least a true American role idol like Barry Bonds says (AND is supported by his trainer) that he didn’t KNOW what the trainer gave him. But Clemens? Clemens is WORSE than Bill Clinton under oath. Clemens is like OJ!
16) As Tony Vahl and I discussed- Roger Clemens will now become the new Pete Rose, someone who will insist on his innocence for years, will probably be denied entrance into the Hall of Fame for a while, and maybe one day change his story.
- Andy Pettitte supports Clemens’ accuser?
- NOT GUILTY: Put Roger Clemens in the Hall of Fame…NOW
- Roger Clemens DNA evidence
- Roger Clemens Lawyer Backpeddles
- Roger Clemens
- Roger Clemens: Justice Department
- Roger Clemens affair with Paulette Dean Daly
- Roger Clemens’ wife did HGH?
- FBI looking at Roger Clemens
- Dave Stewart vs Roger Clemens II
- Roger Clemens: Cheating Husband and Pedophile?
- DailyBalance Presents: Andy Pettitte
- Roger Clemens 10:00AM today
- Andy Pettitte Covers for Roger Clemens at Trial
- Jorge Posada sticks by Roger Clemens
- New York MEDIA not buying Andy Pettite
- Roger Clemens: Fall Out
- Andy Pettitte told the truth, but at what cost?
- Pedro Martinez to Clemens: I am now the best there was…
- Roger Clemens Steroids vs Congress: Sympathy for the Devil