Andy Pettitte can no longer hide from his Spring Training duty. Although he will not work out tomorrow like everyone else, Andy and his lawyer will be holding a press conference Monday at 3:00PM. He will officially work out Tuesday in Tampa with everyone else. Cashman had granted Andy an exemption until Tuesday, so he should be very thankful for that. Andy will try his best to squash the MEDIA hounding the best he can. Otherwise, he and his teammates will be continually harassed by the reporters every day.
My view is this: I don’t care about Roger Clemens’ repuation; only Roger does. That’s his problem. Andy did HGH to rehab from injuries; that’s his issue. The Yankees winning: that’s my only 2008 concern for them. The Yankees really, really need to focus on staying healthy this spring and figure out the pitching staff’s roles (and which bullpen guys will make the team) instead of worrying about the Roger & Andy Show.
I’m also starting to tire a little bit when everyone is shielding and protecting Andy like he’s a little boy. Yeah, the Boston fans will boo and taunt him this year at Fenway. He can prove them wrong by beating the Red Sox, or he can prove his naysayers correct by letting the pressure eat him alive. I am certain once the season starts, it will be all business for Pettitte. At this point, Clemens can only drag Andy down in court hearing or as a witness, but I hope it doesn’t come to that this year.
I just saw Andy’s famous 1996 World Series game where he refused to cave under pressure. He said he just went with his instincts and didn’t have time to think. That’s what he needs to do this year. I hope Andy does great this year, and I also hope he retires after this season like he hinted at last year, and goes out on a high note.
- Andy Pettitte supports Clemens’ accuser?
- DailyBalance Presents: Andy Pettitte
- Roger Clemens
- Will Andy Pettitte Retire?
- Andy Pettitte’s Back (For Real); Destroys Reds
- Andy Pettitte Covers for Roger Clemens at Trial
- New York MEDIA not buying Andy Pettite
- Mike Stanton Speaks (or maybe not)
- Roger Clemens: Justice Department
- Brian Cashman flies to Andy Pettitte
- Andy Pettitte told the truth, but at what cost?
- Andy Pettitte Retires on Friday February 4th
- Andy Pettitte is BACK! Big money 1-year deal!
- Andy Pettitte Finishes Texas Rangers SWEEP
- Andy Pettitte Video
- Andy Pettitte Retires
- Andy Pettitte signs with Yankees finally
- Game 71: Pettitte neuters Padres; Giambi 2HR
- Jorge Posada sticks by Roger Clemens
- Will Andy Pettitte and Joe Torre be together again (Dodgers rumor)