I like Igawa as a person, but he really has shown he does not belong in the major leagues.
He walks too much, has no stamina, and doesn’t have any psychology like Moose or Maddux do.
Here’s what happened yesterday, courtesy of the Daily News:
Igawa met for 30 minutes with Joe Girardi, pitching coach Dave Eiland and general manager Brian Cashman, discussing last year’s debacle and what they could do to improve his performance this season.
“Just trying to get to know him,” Girardi said. “It’s a big adjustment, so we’re just trying to continue to make his transition easier.”
“Last year, I had a tough time adjusting to the major league spring training,” Igawa said through an interpreter. “This year, after having a good talk with Brian, Joe and Dave, I believe I can better prepare myself for a much better season.”
As of right now, it appears the $46 million dollar investment by Brian Cashman looks like a sunk cost. So let’s all pray for Igawa to do SOMETHING positive next year, besides sitting in the passenger side of that big, red utility cart.
KEI: “Maybe you learn me how to drive this year, no?
EDWAR: “No! I want to pitch in majors with my idol, Mariano again, OK?”
KEI: “You have idol and countryman. But Godzilla won’t even talk with me because he say I suck.”
EDWAR: “You do! Just stay focus, mi amigo, okay? Just let me drive, so you don’t crash into anything or run over our new manager, also named Joe.”
KEI: “Okay, my friend. I thank you. What are you doing later? Our new manager also named Joe has a 1 AM curfew, maybe you show me these Tampa nightclubs?”
EDWAR: “No! Mariano has a Bible study group later.”
KEI: “Ah! Okay, no problem! Maybe Carl Pavano show me?”
EDWAR: “Si! I saw him with his head down in the corner. He is here, too, although he will not pitch this year.”
- Kei Igawa and Edwar Ramirez dazzle minor leagues
- Edwar Ramirez and Kei Igawa together again
- Push Carts in NYC
- Is Kei Igawa Still With The Yankees?
- K-Igawa Gets Ripped by MEDIA
- Game 37: Igawa Mauled by Tigers
- Cashman Forced to Talk About Igawa; Japan Quake Killed Albaladejo?
- Lucky 7: Yanks beat Orioles
- 2010 Yankees Spring Training News
- K-Igawa Gets PRAISED by NY MEDIA
- 2008 Yankees Bullpen Lefty
- Phil Hughes and Kei Iwaga
- Jerry Hairston, Jr Leaves Yankees, Heads to Padres
- Can Your PC Truly Be Erased?
- Hideki Irabu Arrested
- Yankess beat USF (University of South Florida)
- Custom Flash Drive
- CC Sabathia ACE
- Game 39: Rays bite Andy Pettitte
- Yu Darvish Scouting Report 2011-2012