As many DailySkew readers know, I posted the first public comments former ace Dave Stewart made about Roger Clemens a while back.
Stewart has resented Clemens for decades, because Clemens won all of the MEDIA, MLB, and historians’ accolades and recognition while Dave Stewart has been forgotten.
In head to head matchups from 1986 to 1990, Dave Stewart is 9-0 against Roger Clemens. Stewart is the only pitcher in history to defeat Clemens so one-sided.
So it comes to no one’s surprise that Stewart is gloating at Roger now:
As a black man, looking at it through my eyes, you have to understand maybe race is the reason nobody wanted to look at Roger like they looked at Barry. In years past, when all the speculation was on Barry, I said maybe you need to look at Roger as well. It’s unjust people were looking only at Barry. They were exactly the same. The exact same creature.Roger was creeping below the radar, and no one wanted to take a sincere look at him, but what more evidence did you need than the man who shot him up? Nobody even dug into it or made an assumption. You heard rumblings about Barry long before the investigation without hearing anyone bringing up Roger’s name.
He threw everybody under the bus. Everybody’s dirty but Roger. Baseball has something to do with that, too. Baseball let him get away with crap so long. When he threw the bat at Piazza in the World Series, that should’ve been punishable by a suspension, and nothing happened.
Now we see Roger actually buying what he’s saying. He has dealt with an unrealistic situation so long and has a hard time thinking he really did anything wrong. He could probably pass a lie-detector test. The best thing Roger could’ve done is shut up and let it go away, and it would’ve gone away. People want to believe everything Roger projects himself to be, and this would’ve blown over. Now if they find out he did HGH and steroids, he’ll never go to the Hall of Fame and he’ll be proven one big liar who tried to pull a scam on everybody.
The reporter asked him by phone if he ever did steroids or HGH.
Me? Hell no. I never thought about it. I retired at a normal age and had aches and pains you’re supposed to have. For a guy who came out of nowhere to win 20 four years in a row, it was very important for me to not allow anything or anybody to take that back from me.
- Dave Stewart vs Roger Clemens
- NOT GUILTY: Put Roger Clemens in the Hall of Fame…NOW
- Roger Clemens DNA evidence
- FBI looking at Roger Clemens
- Andy Pettitte supports Clemens’ accuser?
- Roger Clemens Lawyer Backpeddles
- Mindy McCready Apologizes to Roger Clemens’s Wife over Affair
- Congress Gives Roger Clemens Verdict
- Andy Pettitte told the truth, but at what cost?
- Roger Clemens: Cheating Husband and Pedophile?
- Roger Clemens affair with Paulette Dean Daly
- Barry Bonds Testimony
- Jorge Posada sticks by Roger Clemens
- Pedro Martinez to Clemens: I am now the best there was…
- Roger Clemens Steroids vs Congress: Sympathy for the Devil
- Roger Clemens
- Roger Clemens’ wife did HGH?
- Roger Clemens: Justice Department
- Andy Pettitte Covers for Roger Clemens at Trial
- One Step Closer to Freedom: Barry Bonds Evidence Tossed