Another LaRussa Apologist (This one’s fatter than the rest)
Filed by D. Hospital 3-31-07
Kieth Law, a respected baseball sabermatician, scout, and former Blue Jays front office man, was one of the sound minds to have a huge forum (ESPN.com) to present how Tony LaRussa should be held accountable for his reckless DUI actions. Thank you, Mr. Law, for speaking the truth.
However, this “journalist” [Bernie Miklasz] down in St. Louis disagreed with him:
La Russa has been involved in professional baseball for 44 years. This is the first time, in those 44 years, that he’s gotten into any off-field trouble. So because of one serious slip-up in more than four decades, you force him to resign unless he checks into a rehab program that he probably doesn’t need? And this ultimatum is supposed to be handed down before La Russa goes through the due process accorded to every citizen by our nation’s legal system?
Here’s what La Russa needs: a designated driver, or the phone number of a taxi company to drive him home when he drinks wine.
What Bernie and other LaRussa apologists fail to accept is…
What if LaRussa HIT SOMEONE or an ANIMAL? (LaRussa is an animal rights activist and vegetarian- just like we are- so it would hurt him.)
Sorry, LaRussa, the Daily Skew will be steadfast in its commitment to be your watchdog…all year long.
- Tony LaRussa Snubs Best NL Player (His OWN??)
- Told Ya So, Part XVIX
- MLB, Cardinals, MEDIA, fans, LaRussa at Fault
- Cards Manager LaRussa Arrested
- "All apologies…"
- Tony LaRussa Steroids
- Cardinals’ Scott Spiezo Arrest Warrant
- As Predicted: LaRussa Sympathy
- Mark McGwire conspiracy? McGwire hired as Cardinals’ hitting coach
- LaRussa Feels Guilty
- A-Rod says he mispoke
- Wine of the month clubs
- A-Rod party photo
- LaRussa: Blogs are useless
- Car Insurance Online
- Custom Flash Drive
- UNLOCKED cell phones
- DailySkew Interview: Leo Mazzone
- Why Was Stan Musial Underrated by the Media?
- Tony LaRussa vs. Ray King